January 31, 2012
Get the Look: 5 Red Carpet Inspired Bridal Styles from the 2012 SAG Awards
January 31, 2012
Award show season is officially in full swing, and, like many of you, we’re always eager to see which dresses, jewels, and shoes (not to mention the latest arm candy) celebs wear for their walk down the red carpet. Some looks we love, some looks we hate, and some looks have us swooning so much we’re inspired to find wedding appropriate look-alikes. So, today we present a second round-up of wedding day fashions inspired by the red carpet (check out our first round-up from the Golden Globes, if you haven’t already).
We’re spotlighting five of our favorite ensembles from Sunday’s SAG Awards and showing you how to get the look for your walk down the aisle, from a sparkling jumpsuit to a haute couture creation.
1. If you liked Rose Byrne’s embellished Elie Saab jumpsuit with a plunging neckline, try a similar tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit by Theia. Love this look? According to a recent article in The New York Times, we could very well see more pants and suits popping up on bridal fashion runways in the future.
2. If you liked Zoe Saldana’s shimmering gown from Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci, try a Pronovias dress with a similar sheer overlay/capelet. Love this look? Capelets and bateau necklines were a major trend among bridal designers’ spring 2012 collections.
3. If you liked Ashlee Simpson’s sparkling black Jenny Packham gown with sheer overlay, try a similar design in a lighter hue from the designer’s spring 2012 bridal collection. Love this look? Sheer overlays and illusion details made a splash at fall’s bridal market.
4. If you liked Lea Michele’s one-shoulder slit-leg Versace gown, try a similar one-shoulder, slit-leg silhouette by Ines Di Santo. Love this look? Thigh-high slits made their mark on bridal fashion during the spring 2012 runway shows, a favorite look from designers like Angel Sanchez and Monique Lhuillier.
5. If you liked Tilda Swinton’s custom-desiged off-white Lanvin gown with long sleeves, try a similar form-fitting long-sleeved style in white by Jenny Packham. Love this look? Sleeves continue to gain momentum in the world of wedding fashion, aided in part by Kate Middleton’s long-sleeved Alexander McQueen stunner.
Who gets your vote for best dressed celeb at the SAG Awards? Would you wear a jumpsuit or pants a la Rose Byrne on the big day? What about a slit-leg style like Leah’s or a long-sleeved style like Tilda’s? How about a dress with a sheer overlay like Ashlee Simpson? Comment below and share your thoughts about these bridal fashion trends and the SAG Awards red carpet!