October 29, 2012 / Leave a Comment
If Halloween is your favorite holiday, if you’re planning an autumn wedding, or if you’re just looking for a little something something to get you in a spooky state of mind this week, you’ve come to the right place: We rounded up six scary-good finds–all available locally–to help you get your haunt on!
1. Set the tone for spooky soirees with Halloween-themed invitations and note cards. Bat invitation by Meri Meri, fall invitation by Rifle Paper Co, finger puppet card by Egg Press, and woodgrain notes by Elum (prices vary), all from The Write Image, 2205 East 2100 South, SLC, 801-485-1909
2. When it comes to autumn decor, take advantage of the season’s offerings (and flex your DIY skills) by creating painted pumpkins. Decorate pumpkins–we like this wedding-appropriate cameo design via HGTV–and place them around the entrance to your home or your event; group together smaller versions for centerpieces. Find a variety of pumpkins at Riverton’s Pumpkin Point Farms.
3. The classic French macaron gets a frightful makeover with Les Madeleines’ Monster Macarons, one-of-a-kind chocolate macarons with ganache or buttercream filling ($2.50 each), Les Madeleines, 216 East 500 South, SLC, 801-355-2294
4. Like a cup of hot cocoa, this soft, cozy blazer warms chilly bones. Striped jersey knit blazer with pockets ($54 each), Koo De Ker, 1037 East, 900 South, SLC, 801-359-4870
5. This glowing arrangement of golden roses and amber and gold Mokara orchids in a tangerine-hued glass vase makes a thoughtful Halloween hostess gift or a beautiful treat for yourself. Olive & Cocoa “Blaire” floral arrangement ($78), oliveandcocoa.com
6. Wrap these petite crystal strands around your neck or wrist–just not too tight. Available in a variety of colors, these sparkling strands make perfect bridesmaid gifts. Katie Waltman Jewelry Crystal Wrap Necklaces in orange and metallic ($125 each), katiewaltman.com
What are your favorite Halloween finds? Share other ghoulish goods in the comment section below!