Shopportunity: Alta Moda Bridal’s Annual Sample Sale
WHAT: Gals, this is the sale you’ve been waiting for all year: On December 15, Alta Moda Bridal is hosting their annual sample sale, and it’s gonna be a doozy. (Let’s put it this way: Black Friday’s got nothing on this.)
Brides are invited to shop a selection of more than 50 couture wedding gowns marked down as much as 50 to 85 percent. Prices start at $500, with many gowns under $1,000. That’s one helk of a deal for a dress from designers like Vera Wang, Modern Trousseau, Anne Barge, Augusta Jones, Jorge Manuel, and more.
Here’s how it all goes down: Alta Moda’s doors will open at exactly 10 a.m. Brides and their guests will be welcomed into the shop to stay warm as they wait for their consultation. Once inside, your name will be put on a list in order of the line/arrival so you can find a seat and wait for your consultation. Each bride will be allotted a 40 minute consultation with an Alta Moda style expert. Brides are allowed to initially select four gowns, but your consultant will guide you and make sure you try on the perfect styles until you find the dress.
Now, you can’t go into a sale this big unprepared–you’re going to need a game plan. And you’ve got to play by the rules. A few things you need to know:
- There are no appointments; the sale is first come, first served. Translation: Set your alarm and get there early. (Last year, the Alta Moda staff arrived an hour early to find nearly a dozen brides already lined up outside the doors.)
- Gowns are sold as is, alterations are not included
- Only sample sale gowns will be on display
- No holds and all sales are final–bring your checkbook, credit card, or cold hard cash, but arrive ready to buy
- Most gowns are suited for street sizes 4-12
- This sale is only once a year, so take advantage of it while it’s here
- Space is limited (it’s a boutique after all, not a department store) so bring your mom and/or BFF, but don’t invite your entire wedding party or all the girls in your sorority to join you–only one or two key decision makers/guests will be allowed per bride.
Got all that? Good. Now go mark your calendar!
WHERE: Alta Moda Bridal Boutique (637 East 500 South, Salt Lake City)
WHEN: Saturday, December 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Remember, doors will open at 10 a.m. on the dot, so plan to arrive early and get in line!