In the Stars: August 2013 Wedding Astrology & Leo Style Inspiration
Allie Couch of Laughing Pig Astrology shares her monthly astro musings
Elle has the Astro Twins. City Weekly has Rob Brezsny. And now Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom has Allie Couch. The brains behind Laughing Pig Astrology, an astro style blog, Couch is a local gal with a background in, and passion for, astrology, fashion, design, and–lucky for us–weddings!
Each month on the SLPCBG blog, Couch will be sharing her thoughts on wedding astrology and wedding astrology style. We’re starting things off with her musings for August 2013, and her inspiration for all you fiery Leos out there (present company included). The astro wedding style for this month? Botanical Glam!
August 2013 Wedding Astrology & Style Inspiration
By Allie Couch, Laughing Pig Astrology
This August brings with it a tame Leo attitude and a style to fit. Venus, the planet of love and marriage, is settling in Virgo, an earth sign dedicated to service and refinement. This will temper the magnanimous Leo sun, sign of royalty and leadership. Leo’s need for pride always surfaces, so a newly designed family crest or logo is an element that could make an appearance. The feminine Venus in Virgo gives us styling that is focused on quality and perfection, yet still understated. The elegant Water Snake, which is the current Chinese year animal, will only settle for an event that oozes with sophistication and beauty. The name I’ve given this combination of cosmo qualities is Botanical Glam. The personality of a marriage this month will take on similar characteristics as the above descriptions.
1. This Spring 2014 Oscar de la Renta wedding gown fits perfectly with the royal, sophisticated, feminine, and understated theme for this month’s astro style.
2. A modern crest for wedding branding is an element that most Leo weddings could have some fun with.
3. A gold cake that is elegant and simple is perfect for a wedding this month.
4. Botanical floral design in earthy gold goblets is perfect for an understated Leo event.
5. A vintage ring that is an heirloom or family treasure will make a Leo couple feel that they have an important bloodline.
6. Botanical escort cards in gold mercury votives are a great idea for this wedding style.
7. This glamorous gold BBJ charger will add the perfect amount of subtle sparkle for a 2013 Leo wedding.
8. A beautiful white and cream botanically styled bouquet fits the bill nicely.
9. A sophisticated BHLDN beaded hair piece is a lovely touch for this botanical glam theme.
10. La Tavola offers a beautiful sequin chevron stripped linen to glam up this otherwise earthy style.
11. Handmade bridesmaids gifts of bath salts and bubbles are the perfect hands-on Venus in Virgo touch.
Thank you, Allie! Want more astro style inspiration? Check out her post on Modern Organic style.
We want to hear from you! What do you think of wedding astrology and astro style inspiration?