From the Runway: Vera Wang Fall 2014 Bridal Collection
Haute-off-the-runway images from New York Bridal Week
For Fall 2012, designer Vera Wang was all about black. For Spring 2013, she was mad for red. And for Fall 2014? She’s thinking pink. “Pink as sensual, pink as seductive, pink as dreamy, pink as sophisticated, pink as strong, pink as cool,” said Wang when describing the hue that inspired her newest collection of colorful wedding gowns. We’re crushing on the exquisite ball gowns and trumpet dresses in shades of petal, peony, rose, and coral. The pretty collection gives the term blushing bride a whole new meaning.
Our five favorite looks from the collection include:
1. The peony-hued strapless faille ball gown with a hand-draped bodice and giant faille blossom at the waist
2. The flamenco-esque coral strapless chiffon mermaid gown with an alternating pleat bodice, organic flower detail, and pleated tiered skirt
3. The petal-hued strapless silk ball gown with a hand-draped tulle bodice and organic flower detail accented by silk organza ruffles
4. The rosy strapless silk ball gown with a hand-appliqué Chantilly lace bodice, grosgrain bows, and draped skirt accented by crystal pleated tulle detail
5. The coral-hued strapless circle cluster and butterfly lace ball gown with tumbled tulle accented by an organic flower detail and floral beaded embroidery
Which styles from Vera Wang’s pink-tinted Fall 2014 bridal collection are your favorite?