Join the SLPCBG family
Want to work for Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom? We’re on the hunt for editorial interns and a part-time account executive. See below for a full job description and details on how to apply!
Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom Magazine is seeking editorial interns to assist with the production of our print publication and our website. Interns receive hands-on experience working in the publishing industry and putting together a magazine, from concept to completion.
Duties include: Pitching story ideas; conducting interviews and research; writing and fact-checking editorial content for the magazine; writing blog posts and updating web content as needed; fact-checking print and online resource guides; assisting at editorial photo shoots.
Internships are part-time and the schedule is flexible; much of the work will be completed remotely, as well as on-site at our office in Park City. Internships are non-paid, but school credit is available and interns will receive published clips for their portfolio. Must have an interest in writing, editing, print and online journalism, or publishing and marketing.
To apply, please send a resume and any relevant writing samples to Editor Tessa Woolf: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom Magazine is seeking an experienced sales person who is self-motivated, organized, personable, and goal oriented for the position of part-time Account Executive.
Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom Magazine is one publication in the Sagacity Media parent company that also publishes Park City Magazine, several monthly magazines and many custom and editorial publications, many of which are top selling, award-winning magazines in their respective markets.
This position sells print and online advertising for Salt Lake/Park City Bride & Groom Magazine on a part-time basis. The publication prints twice yearly, early January and early July. Commitment is full time for 3 months leading up to each issue and on an as needed basis. Account Executive also attends bridal shows, manages client data base, delivers magazines to some clients, and offers customer service to clients on an ongoing basis. This is a work from home position with occasional staff meetings in Park City and face to face meetings with clients. Must have reliable transportation and a valid UT DL Lic.
Compensation: Draw vs. Commissions-primarily commission based. Insurance benefits negotiable.
* Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in print advertising sales required
* Very strong prospecting and organizational skills, data entry and documentation
* Well-networked in the Salt Lake City area marketplace
* Ability to connect with high-level decision makers via telephone and in person
* Consultative selling experience a must with ability to close the deal
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Flexible schedule for in-person meetings, sales meetings and bridal show attendance
* Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
* Proven track record for sales goal achievements
* Exceptional customer service skills and follow-up
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information
* Experience with Magazine Manager or Sales Force highly desirable
* Create new business opportunities through personal selling activities and networking
* Follow-up and service existing clients with accurate notes, proposals, deadline reminders and assistance with advertising materials
* Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle from initial contact to completion of contract and keep excellent data base/records
* Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals as assigned
For consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter with relevant experience to Publisher Suzy Hanney: email@example.com.
Sagacity Media is an EEO employer.