Lipstick Jungle: 6 Bold Lipsticks + Pro Tips for the Big Day
A primer on picking the perfect special-occasion shade for your pout.
Shopping for a wedding-day lipstick can be as overwhelming a task as shopping for a wedding gown. Is the shade too bright? Too dark? Too matte? Too shiny? Too cool? Too warm? We asked local beauty pro April Benincosa of BellaCosa Beauty for her best advice when it comes to finding your shade du jour. “I’m always a fan of soft pinks and mauves for a wedding lip color; however, a bold lip can be stunning and make a statement,” she says.
The most important thing to consider? Finding the right shade to complement your skin tone. “Anyone can pull off a red lip; it’s more about picking the right color for your skin.” If you have pink undertones, try a more violet or cool lip color; if you have yellow undertones, a warmer, brown-based color is best. Benincosa’s favorite hues this season? “Barbara” by NARS and “Dusty Pink” by Bobbi Brown.
A bold wedding lip can be stunning and make a statement. —APRIL BENINCOSA
We love these six new hues for brides and bridesmaids (clockwise from top):
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in “Rendez-vous.”
- Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick in “Tropical Pink.”
- Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick in “Times Square.”
- Bobbi Brown Nourish Lip Color in “Uber Rose.”
- Lancôme Shine Lover Vibrant Shine Lipstick in “O My Rouge.”
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge VOLUPTÉ – Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in “Fetish Pink.”
—All from Nordstrom